The Y believes that families need the chance to play, learn, and grow together. So, an effort has been made to develop opportunities for family time. For Family Programming, the Y asks that parents/guardians be with their kids at all times.
Saturday's 11:00 am –1:00 pm
Court reservation required
+FAMILY GYM TIME
(Open Gym, Bouldering Wall, & Sportwall)
Family Open Gym may be used for activities such as basketball, volleyball, or family games. Our bouldering wall is open during these times on Monday, Wednesday, Friday (until 7:30 pm) and Saturday.
M/W/F: 6:40 PM – 8:00 PM
Sat: 10:00 AM – 10:50 AM
Sun: 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
+FAMILY EXERCISE GROUP
Family Group Exercise classes are offered periodically. See monthly Group Exercise Schedule below for dates, times and format.
M/W/F: 4:30 - 5:30 and 6:15 PM– 7:00 PM
Sat: 11:00 - 1:00PM
The Y Pool Capacity is 30. Families are encouraged to limit their pool time to 30 minutes when others are waiting to enter the pool. In the YMCA Pool, family swim requires a child to be in the water with an adult family member over the age of 21.
+PARENT/CHILD WATER CLASSES
Water Discovery Classes are divided into levels, giving participants the opportunity to learn and grow at their own pace. Although all levels are held at the same time, participants will spend part of each class working in peer groups to maximize learning. Two classes per week for six weeks.
Water Discovery Classes (3 - 36 Months Old)
M/W: 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM
T/TH: 6:20 PM - 6:50 PM
Members: $65.00 Session//Community Members: $75.00 Session
*Fees increase by $10 the Friday before the session start date
Fall Session 1: September 3rd - October 3rd
Fall Session 2: October 7th – November 7th
Fall Session 3: November 11th - December 12th
In order for the Y to ensure quality programming at an affordable price, all aquatic program fees are nonrefundable / nontransferable.
+YMCA FAMILY CAMP (Memorial and Labor Day Weekends)
Come to the Lake Wenatchee YMCA Camp for Family Camp Weekends and some old fashioned quality family time. The price includes a rustic cabin (3 nights) that sleeps up to eight people, meals, seasonal programming and family campfire activities. Leave the cooking and the dishes to us and enjoy a relaxing family weekend at the Lake Wenatchee YMCA Camp. Dates, fees, and themes are available at www.lwycamp.org or Lake Wenatchee YMCA Family Camp
FAMILY TIME POLICIES
At the Y, we believe family recreation is a part of healthy living and youth development. An effort has been made to develop opportunities purely for family recreation as well as allowing children to participate with an adult family member during some adult program times, under certain circumstances:
• The Y has family times in the Youth and Teen Center, family swims, and family gym activity times. To participate in these activities, children age 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult family member over the age of 21.
• Children age 11-15 may participate in fitness center activities, group exercise classes, adult volleyball and adult open gym, if they are Uplift graduates or under the direct and constant supervision of an adult family member over the age of 21.
• Racquetball courts are also available for family participation. Children age 15 and under must be Uplift graduates or under the direct and constant supervision of an adult family member over the age of 21.
• If the gym is not being used for its scheduled purpose, others may use the gym, but must leave if members arrive to use the gym for its scheduled purpose.
• There are no youth or family activities scheduled after 8:00pm and children should not be in the building unless they are Uplift graduates or under the direct and constant supervision of an adult family member over the age of 21.
The safety and welfare of every child in our facilities is of the utmost importance for the Y administration. To that effect, the following policy will help us protect and care for your child while they are with us.
All members under age 13 must be in a structured activity, such as Kid Zone, Child Watch, Teen Center, Youth Sports, Open Youth Swim, Swim Lessons, or directly supervised at all times by an adult family member, age 18 and older. Members 13 and older may use the gymnasium, or Teen Swim when available.
Youth ages 11 - 15 are permitted in the Fitness Center with direct and constant supervision of a parent or legal guardian. Youth ages 12-15 (or grades 6-9) must complete Uplift to be permitted in the Fitness Center or allowed to participate in adult Group Exercise classes without a parent or guardian.
The Teen Center is for youth in grades 6th-12th only and during specific Teen hours.
Members 16 and older may use the Y facility and services without parental supervision.